Saturday, June 4, 2011

Intro


 I have decided to start this blog with the following entry from my journal recording the first time I fell.  I haven't corrected all the errors on purpose. I didn't used to type this way. I'm doing a little better now, as I've learned to slow down & work around it.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:25 PM

Yesterday I tripped & fell as M. & I were outside the building. A bad fall, scraped knee. It woke me up that I can no longer ignore the balance problems I’m having. Web search turned up “vestibular” something, dysfunctin – inner ear problem – it could be causing my joint aches & pains and also my fatigure – which now that I’m thinking there might be a cause has gottern worse today, as though I’ve been trying so hard to find anotehr explanation or pretend it’s not happening.  Why everything seems so difficult and like such an effort.
 I'm not a Dr. House addict, but the few episodes I've seen engendered a fantasy of Dr. House and his crack team of diagnosticians coming up with the one explanation for everything that's wrong with me. That's what multiple sclerosis has been for me.
Getting to that diagnosis was a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment