Wednesday, June 8, 2011

an end in sight?

After the audiologist said I should see a neurologist, the next step was a referral to Beth Israel neurology. It took a long time to get the referral.

While I was waiting, my employer suggested I see his good friend the neurologist.

After I saw him he thought I should have an MRI right away. Then he wanted to see me in his office. When they do that, you think you're dying.

The good news was, I didn't have cancer or a brain tumor. I was so relieved to hear that, I forgot that there might be bad news.

The bad news was, my mri results looked like ms.

When I'd added the bowel & bladder problems to a webmd search for the balance problem, the results said something about ms. At that point I thought "that can't be right" and stopped reading.

But Dr. GoodFriendThe Neurologist turned out to be right. The quest to find out what the heck was wrong with me was over.

And he was much nicer than Dr. House.

No comments:

Post a Comment